Are you looking for a pair of sandals for diabetics that will work well with your diabetic feet? You're in luck because this blog post is going to go over the top 5 sandals that are best suited for people suffering from diabetes.
In this Diabetic & Me article you will learn about:
- Are sandals good for diabetics?
- Can diabetics go barefoot?
- Are flip-flops safe to wear?
- What are the best diabetic sandals?
The #1 Best Sandal for Diabetics
What Shoes Should Diabetics Wear?
Managing blood sugar levels is a real job to do. If a diabetic does not take care of it, it can lead to various complications. From various diabetic complications, burning feet is one of the most common. A wide range of diabetic foot creams are also available for diabetics, but you need preventive action.
Whether you're a man or woman, diabetic footwear can give you a sigh of relief. Diabetic shoes are designed specially to heal and prevent further foot damage. Most of the time, diabetics wear sandals instead of closed shoes. A breathable shoe is always more beneficial than a closed one.
From scheduling your meals to your selecting shoes, almost everything needs utmost care. To get a diabetic shoe, one must know about the specific characteristics. The best shoes for diabetics are the one which has good airflow. This is where breathable sandals are a great fit.
Adding an extra arch supportive insole can make your shoes or sandals even more comfortable. The weight of the shoes also matters a lot. The lighter the shoes, the more frequently you can wear them. After in-depth research, I have concluded that diabetic sandals are easy to wear in almost every condition.
Can Diabetics Wear Sandals?
Yes, sandals can be worn by diabetics because these are open type shoes.
It's a great choice for people with foot problems such as diabetes and other related health conditions like arthritis. It provides the best kind of protection from injuries when you do some outdoor activities. This is also an excellent option to wear in hot climates where it could cause more damage if your feet stay on the ground too long without any covering or shoe at all!
Should Diabetics Go Barefoot?
Diabetics can go barefoot but it's always a good idea to keep your feet cool and dry. Treating them with a good foot cream is essential. Watch out for blisters, cuts, infections that can happen if your feet are not in good condition. This can cause more pain, discomfort and will make it harder for you to walk as well. If not treated correctly it can lead to painful foot complications.
If you plan on going barefoot, wear sandals or flip flops which are more comfortable than shoes because of the open design that allows your feet to breathe easier.
Can Diabetics Wear Flip Flops?
Flips flops are not a problem for diabetics but they can't be worn as your all-day daily shoes. They are very lightweight and easy to carry around when going hiking, walking on beaches, etc... They provide less support but they still have enough cushioning so as not to hurt your toes while providing excellent protection against blisters, cuts, and infections.
What Are the Best Sandals for Diabetics?
When it comes to spending money, we can all be a little bit picky. The reason is simple nobody wants to spend money on useless stuff. It's evident that these sandals are the best choice, but quality matters a lot.
An excellent diabetic sandal is one with durable straps and washable material. The best sandal must include arch support to avoid orthopedic issues. Most of the time, people with diabetes compromise on quality. But to make your hurdles more transparent, I listed the 5 best sandals for diabetics.
1. Birkenstock Essentials Unisex Arizona EVA Sandal
The worst phase of diabetes is when he or she feels burning feet pains. Doctors recommend foot creams to cure these pains. But wise are the ones who take precautionary actions.
If you're tired of wearing shoes with big, chunky heels to work to just barely keep comfortable for a few hours and don't want to spend some extra bucks on better footwear yet, then this Birkenstock sandal is the solution. This slipper-inspired shoe is built for everyday usage and with such minimalistic design, it's perfect 'til death does us part one.
This Birkenstock sandal is the perfect pain-resistive sandal for men and women. Keeping in mind the doctor's recommendation, these EVA sandals are made with very lightweight material.
If you're looking for a sandal for everyday usage and don't want to spend some extra bucks, it is a perfect choice for both men and women.
- These diabetic sandals are unisex, which means anybody can wear them.
- It is made from a highly flexible material.
- EVA technology makes it safer for orthopedic and neuropathic patients.
- Usually, sandals come with a very slight odor. But these are odorless.
- The footbed is specially designed in an anatomical nature.
- Heel cups give you an extra mile of grip.
- Very comfortable and versatile.
2. Vionic Women's Colleen Adjustable Backstrap Sandal
Shoes play an essential role in defining your personality. Now, being a diabetic doesn't mean you have to compromise on this aspect of life either! These Vionic sandals are perfect for any age group and diabetes diagnosis - from the color scheme that contrasts light brown with dark brown leather to its super-cushioned soles which reduce pressure points.
A great option for those who suffer from foot-related issues due to wearing high heels all day long or need something durable enough as well as stylish and comfortable both indoors or outdoors is these single pair of sandals by Vionics brand shoes with contrasting colors. Congrats, you have made your way through the blog. Grab this one and make your life easier.
- The main focus of Vionic is to give extreme adjustability.
- All three straps are adjustable and can be tightened or loosen if required.
- The footbed is made up of rubber, so it's super-cushioned.
- Keeping in mind diabetic neuropathy, the shape is a bit tilted to relieve pressure on your heels.
- A minimal amount of leather is used on the top design to give it a modern look.
- A 1-inch heel is appropriate for women of every height.
No products found.
4. CLARKS Women's Leisa Vine Sandal
Selecting footwear should not be a difficult job. In the old days, diabetics didn't have many choices in terms of types of shoes they could wear but that has changed thanks to companies like CLARKS who are providing options for all heights and sizes! A diabetic sandal is one type you can take with you wherever your day takes you, whether it's outdoors or indoors because these styles suit every season perfectly.
Going to a beach party or just ready to clean your house? Then this is the best sandal for diabetics. If you have this diabetic sandal, then forget about diabetic neuropathy and enjoy every moment of your life.
- Like other sandals, it's also comfortable, because of the memory foam used in the sole.
- Pure leather is used in its making, durable for every weather.
- The strap quality is exceptionally high, with very fine stitching along the border.
- An Ortholite footbed is used to give your feet a sigh of relief.
- A layer of anti-skidding is used to make your walk safer.
5. Propét Women's Breeze Walker Sandal
Living the life of a diabetic is not by choice. You deserve everything equal and sometimes more. Managing a healthy lifestyle means healthy eating and suitable outfits. If you're a diabetic who is looking for fascinating and comfortable sandals then Propet sandals are the best choice.
These Breeze Walker sandals are specially designed for plantar fasciitis and diabetic neuropathy. Comfort and durability are the main highlights of these shoes.
- It is made from 100% full-grain leather.
- To endorse environment-friendly products, synthetic leather has been used in its making.
- Built quality is tough, which makes it durable enough.
- Polyurethane sole is used, which offers extra cushioning and traction.
- Extra foam-padded footbed and microfiber sock lining.
Being diagnosed with diabetes might be new. Sometimes mood swings and sometimes unavailability of suitable products make it difficult for you. Making the switch from wearing regular shoes to a pair of diabetic sandals may seem challenging at first. But when it comes to diabetic footwear, then sandals are the most used type of shoe among women and men. The thing which makes these perfect is their adjustability and breathable nature - making them highly comfortable despite any foot problems that they might have with your feet perspiring more than usual. It takes time to grab the best diabetic footwear but if comfort is what you're after, I've got 5 of the best sandals for diabetics that will be sure not only give your feet all the comfort and style they need but also look fashionable too!
Last update on 2023-02-09 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API