Foot massagers for neuropathy and diabetes are a must-have to take care of your feet. They improve blood flow, better blood circulation, reduce pain, and relieve severe foot pain and neuropathy foot pain. They prevent further foot complications and relieve muscle tension when they target pressure points.
In this Diabetic & Me article, you will learn about the following:
- The relation between your feet, diabetes, and neuropathy
- What are the benefits of having a foot massage?
- What are the risk factors connected to getting a foot massage as a diabetic?
- How do I choose the best foot massagers for diabetics?
The #1 Best Foot Massager for Diabetics
As we grow up in a hectic and tight routine, it can become hard to take time for ourselves and care for our health. A little bit of time to relax is scarce in a busy schedule. Thanks to technology, an electronic foot massaging machine can bring that moment to relax close to home, take care of your sore feet, and eliminate that aching foot pain.
Science proves that muscle stimulation can give you the ultimate boost to keep that blood circulation flowing. Diabetics and people with neuropathy can benefit from this.
Back in the 90s, a massage was considered a premium facility. But now, several companies are offering great foot massagers with multiple features. They can cure several foot problems and boost your immune system. A little foot massage before sleep is what you want to regain your muscle strength.
The Relation Between Your Feet and Diabetes
Good foot care is a daily concern when you have diabetes. After all, minor wounds can lead to significant complications, like diabetic neuropathy. Due to high blood sugar levels, your vessels can get damaged, resulting in less blood flow in the feet. Less blood circulation can further weaken your feet and cause slower healing of wounds. It is essential to keep the blood flow to your vessels and nerves.
Getting a foot and calf massage is a great solution for a complete lower body massage. A foot massage is good for blood circulation and sore feet.
What Is The Best Foot Massager for Diabetics?
It might become challenging to choose when you have a variety of options. To solve this issue, I reviewed 10 foot massagers for diabetics for every budget, and only the best massagers are listed. These automated massagers went through a detailed product selection process to make sure you will only find the one that is perfect for you.
I reviewed features like;
- air pressure settings
- air pressure levels
- pressure points
- massage modes
Escaping a busy schedule may be impossible in an eventful world like ours. But the perfect foot massager for diabetics might give you moments to relax between your tight schedules.
The Renpho massager uses airbags, vibration, air compressors, and an optional heat function, making it arguably the best foot stimulator for neuropathy. Your blood vessels open wide up, and the vibrations pamper the nerve sensitivity at the bottom of your feet.
This unique, lightweight foot massager provides a deep tissue massage to comfort foot neuropathy pains. The larger foot chamber sizes allow feet size up to 12 (45 E.U.). A mat grey and black color combination gives it a premium look.
- A lot of companies offer many variants of heat-based foot massagers. Many features separate this massager from others.
- It is highly flexible for every age group.
- Time adjustment helps you manage your time, and the auto turn-off function saves power consumption.
- The kneading intensity setting allows you to regulate the intensity of the foot massage.
- Heat features and heat regulation modes are additional features that make this foot massager more unique.
- The pads are removable, washable, and easy to replace.
Everyone deserves a better and healthy lifestyle. That's why the best foot spa machine is always an option whether you have diabetes or not. When we look around, we see a world full of rigid routines. Such hectic lifestyles cause chronic pain, which can be worsened by neuropathy.
However, many gadgets are available in the market, offering various kinds of massage therapies to stimulate blood flow and relieve neuropathy pains. But only a few have a complete auto remote-control system and warm shiatsu massage that massages the entire bottom of your feet. The Cloud Massage Shiatsu massager relieves foot swelling and accommodates feet with a deep kneading massage.
- A foot massager for diabetics is a heavenly thing. A particular kneading ball head is placed just below the toe position. If you have back pain, it won't be easy to use features, but this machine makes it a lot easier and handier.
- Pressure settings of kneading air and heat are fully customizable and divided into three stages; low, medium, and high.
- There are five modes available; rolling, compression, sway, heat, and a special quiet mode for a calm and relaxing experience.
- After some research, only a few leading brands offer 360-degree massages. This deep-kneading Shiatsu massager is one of them.
- The problem with foot massagers is their foot sleeves, which usually get dirty after some time. But these are detachable and washable.
Whether you're doing a job sitting down or working in the field, who doesn't want a massage? It's something more of a need than a luxury. Massagers are common nowadays, but only a few companies offer fully automated leg massagers.
Yes, I am talking about a leg massager, not a foot massager. A leg massager will not only massage your feet but your calves as well. Most diabetics have muscle pains and muscle tension. Feet massagers are not enough to give them the relief they need. There are only a few good leg massagers for diabetics, and FIT KING is one of the best.
This massager will improve blood circulation and relieve the pain from peripheral neuropathy and plantar fasciitis.
- A handheld remote controller is the best thing that separates this massager from others. A remote gives you access to multiple features.
- A full air-operated contraction and relaxation of airbags give you an entirely different experience. If you struggle with the question of how to improve blood circulation in the legs for diabetics, look no further.
- It has dual modes; one sequence mode provides a rhythm massage, whereas the second mode is a circulation mode giving a circular massage with deep kneading.
- Intensity is divided into three stages; low, medium, and high. You can choose any of these depending upon your needs.
- An extra wired remote also comes with multiple functions making it easy to use.
- Three adjustable straps on each leg give you the flexibility to adjust. Due to this distinctive feature, all age groups can use it easily.
- Two airbags of 2x2 are fitted inside the massager for extra comfort.
- A free carrying bag is also available and comes for free with this leg massager for diabetics. You can easily carry it anywhere and anytime, making it more portable.
Diabetes is one of those diseases which are increasing rapidly. Diabetics can feel their feet burning and have muscle pain frequently, which is quite a miserable feeling. Interruption of blood circulation is also a significant issue. Most therapists suggest foot massagers for diabetics. The question arises, why do diabetics have poor circulation?
The primary reason is the increased blood sugar levels and nerve damage. Foot warmers for diabetics are very beneficial in this situation. Human touch is a well-known multinational company bringing the Reflex 5s, a great foot massager. The Black and grey combination provides us with a futuristic look and feel.
- The backward titled structure provides ultimate support and relief to the feet and the calves.
- It has internal cloth padding with external zippers, making replacing them easier.
- The fabric quality is very smooth and washable.
- A frontal glossy look gives it a premium look.
- Two intensity modes are available; medium and high intensity.
- Two other modes are also available; relief and restoration.
- An extended foldable frame provides a comfortable tilting angle.
It's no longer news that there is no particular cure for diabetes, but the resulting feet and muscle soreness associated with its complications can be effectively managed with foot massage for diabetic neuropathy.
The best recommendation is a massager with an auto-control system. And we can't fail to mention Nekteck when discussing robotic foot massagers. In fact, Nekteck should be one of your first preferences as it gives your muscles the correct heat and a gentle kneading roll to ease your pain.
- Comes with 3 modes. Each mode has three intensity levels; low, medium, and high.
- The infrared heating system used in this product makes it more reliable and energy-efficient.
- It uses air compression to relax specific points on your feet.
- A set of rolling heads below the cloth covering gently massage your feet.
- Sometimes, we forget to turn off electronic devices due to busy schedules. To avoid any mishappening, an auto-off option is available.
- Its compact size allows you to move and easily store it.
Massagers relieve your feet from pain but can become a curse if you don't choose wisely. This is especially when you consider that many companies with fake brand names are widely emerging. But not to worry - we've researched extensively and found a cheaper but quality product to give you the relief you crave! Miko is a deep kneading shiatsu massager that improves blood flow around the feet.
Massage therapy is one of the well-known therapies that many people use. It can help relieve pain and reduce stiffness in the back, neck, shoulders, or other body parts strained from work or an active lifestyle. Miko Shiatsu foot massager arguably offers the best deep tissue massage.
- This Miko massager has two wireless remotes having a reasonable distance range. Just sit on your couch and turn it on.
- A central red LCD LCD is available, showing the foot massager's live temperature.
- It has 2 options; heating and deep kneading. It works great on ankle pain.
The most challenging jobs are usually done on our feet. As a diabetic, you must pay attention to your feet and chronic pains. The massager helps to stimulate blood circulation and eases swelling, muscle tension, and joint pain. It imitates massage techniques by professional masseurs, kneading your feet deeply, greatly helping with sore feet and muscle tension.
- Its built quality is the first thing that gives it a remarkable position in the foot massagers league. An excellent polymer is used.
- Light and deep kneading are both functions available.
- Air compression to give instant pain relief.
- The rolling massage mode puts focus on every part of your foot.
This is another variant of Nekteck and a multi-functional Shiatsu massager with multiple settings. It has a user-friendly interface and compact design, and the foot sleeves are incredibly comfortable.
This is a viable consideration if you're looking for deep kneading therapy. It gives an excellent Shiatsu massage and relieves you from any foot problems.
Enjoy your Shiatsu massage!
- Multiple intensity options for kneading and heating.
- It uses an infrared heating system, making it more budget-friendly.
- It consumes less energy and can operate on both 110v and 220v.
- Feet sleeves can be easily detached.
What Are Diabetic Foot Massagers?
Diabetic foot massagers are machines designed to relieve painful feet, numbness, tingling, and soreness caused by diabetic neuropathy and help improve blood circulation. They usually come with adjustable settings for heat, vibration, and pressure.
Many foot massagers are designed to be placed on the floor while the user fits their feet for the massage. The mechanical foot massage produced by this device improves blood circulation, raising the patient's oxygen and energy levels.
The Advantages of Foot Massagers
Here are some advantages of foot massagers for diabetic patients:
Foot pain relief
The massage's heat, pressure, and vibration reduce pain and discomfort caused by neuropathy thanks to improved blood circulation within the feet. The better your blood flow, the more relaxed and less stiffened your muscles become, and the less your foot pain, of course.
Better blood circulation
Foot massagers improve your body's overall blood circulation, including the feet. This reduces foot injury risks, wards off foot infections, prevents blood clots, and speeds up injury recovery.
Reduces swollen feet
Feet edema happens when extra fluid accumulates in your feet. This can happen for many reasons. Sometimes, it's due to minor habits like standing or sitting for too long. But other times, it could be caused by an underlying health problem, including kidney issues, high blood pressure, or diabetes.
Whichever reason your feet are swollen, using a good foot massager can go a long way to prevent that extra fluid from building up within your legs. This reduces foot discomfort and supports kidney function.
Improves nerve sensitivity
Many users have experienced improved nerve functions with the use of foot massagers. According to a recent study, a proper foot massage can increase blood flow to the legs, which can help rebuild the damaged nerve.
Foot massaging can help improve depressive symptoms, such as stress, anxiety, and insomnia. You generally feel more relaxed with the warmth the device delivers to your feet. This can vastly improve your mood and can help you wind down.
Foot massagers can also improve your sleep and stabilize your blood pressure.
How To Choose a Foot Massager for Neuropathy and Diabetes?
Having foot pain as a diabetic is pretty common. But to prevent further complications, including nerve damage and infections that could cause amputation, taking care of your feet is crucial.
One way to ensure healthy feet is using a foot massager for circulation, pain relief, and muscle discomfort management.
Now, let's look into some factors determining the best foot massagers for diabetics.
1. Type of massager
The first micro decision you have to make is whether you want a shiatsu massage, manual massage, air compression, water jets, or an electric foot massager machine.
Manual massagers are typically the most affordable, but they require you to run the machine on your feet by yourself. On the other hand, electric foot massagers are more expensive but feature a more comprehensive range of functionalities, including heat and vibration. Shiatsu massagers operate through deep kneading and rolling motions to massage the feet.
There is also a difference between a massager that soothes only your feet and one that does both your feet and calves. A foot massager only massages your feet; a calves massager will also heat and knead your calves.
Overall, the best massager should alleviate your foot problems and muscle tension.
2. The size
Since foot sizes differ, before you purchase a manual foot massager or an electric one, check whether it fits comfortably under your feet. You can also opt for a massager with an adjustable width setting.
3. The weight
Another major factor to consider is the weight and portability of the massager. If you travel a lot, you surely want to invest in a lightweight product you can easily take along.
4. The massage techniques
Most foot massagers have moving heads that knead the feet. However, certain options on the market employ the compression technique instead.
I enjoy compression massages because they apply direct pressure, calming my muscle and nerves. This technique goes a long way to relieve pain and improve blood circulation.
Some other models use vibration and heat to enhance the massage effect, relieve foot pain, resolve muscle tension, and improve circulation.
5. Seating position
You also want to consider your preferred seating position before you invest in any product. A massager's seating can either make or mar the entire experience.
I'd always opt for a foot massager that delivers a comfortable seating position, allowing me to sit back and relax while using the device.
Examples are massagers with adjustable angles, which allow you to change the seating position to whichever is most comfortable. This is unlike the fixed foot massagers that typically allow you to sit with your legs at a 90° angle, which can be uncomfortable.
6. Ease of usage
Some products are easier to use than others. And different people find specific models handier. Hence, whichever foot massager you go for, ensure it's user-friendly.
Last but not least is DURABILITY. You surely want to buy a quality foot massager that would stand the test of time. Always be on the lookout for products built with superior materials that can withstand a few knocks.
Other features you should take into account are:
- Massage intensities, massager nodes
- Toe-touch control
- Air compression massage, air compression pressure
- Heat settings, heat function, heat intensity
- Air pressure settings
- Deep kneading pattern
- Vibration power
- Suitability for specialized heat therapy
There are also options to choose a foot spa bath massager with water jets and oxygen bubbles.
What Is Neuropathy?
Diabetic neuropathy is a neurological disorder that leads to severe chronic pain due to nerve damage. Using an electric foot massager improves your blood circulation.
A common form of painful diabetic neuropathy is peripheral neuropathy. This is one of the possible complications of diabetes. Diabetic peripheral neuropathy can sometimes arise in people suffering from diabetes mellitus. High blood sugar or disrupted blood supply can damage the sensory and movement nerves of the legs. This is also referred to as diabetic neuropathy or diabetic polyneuropathy.
The pain is often difficult to control. In many cases, medication does not work sufficiently. The doctor can also prescribe a skin ointment or medicines administered through the bloodstream. But in other cases, an electric foot massager can relieve the pain caused by diabetic neuropathy.
Frequently Asked Questions
What Is a Foot Massager for Diabetics?
A foot massager for neuropathy and diabetes is a device that massages your feet and sometimes your calves. It's necessary for those with diabetes, neuropathy, and tired and painful feet.
During a foot massage, your feet receive an automated foot massage, and the blood circulation is stimulated, increasing the oxygen in the blood. This ensures an immediate release of energy in the body. A foot massage also has a lowering effect on blood pressure and a positive impact on tired feet. The blood and lymph are stimulated to remove waste products. The massage also has a relaxing effect on the muscles so that they can recover.
Is a Foot Massager Good for Diabetics?
Since diabetic peripheral neuropathy causes numbness and lack of sensation in the legs, there is a probability that the heat generated by the massager may cause burns, and you may not notice it instantly.
That is why you must be extra cautious while using a foot massager. It is best to consult your doctor before going for a foot massage or buying a foot massager.
Using a foot massager is not recommended in the following situations:
- fever and infections
- open wounds and open eczema
- severe fungal infection
- inflammation or bruising of muscles or joints
Are Massages Good for Plantar Fasciitis?
Massage therapy can be very helpful against plantar fasciitis. The plantar fascia is the tissue that runs along the bottom of your foot and connects to your heel bone, arch, and toes. It helps support that weight when you walk or stand on one leg but can become inflamed from a repetitive strain like standing for long hours at work. A massage can help to release muscle tension and pain in the plantar fascia.
Is Massage Good for Neuropathy?
The simple answer is yes. Massage therapy can provide some benefits for people with neuropathy. While it may not directly eliminate the underlying cause of the problem, massaging your feet and calves can help alleviate some associated symptoms (such as nerve pain) and improve overall well-being.
This article must have given you more insights regarding choosing a doctor-recommended foot massager for neuropathy and diabetes. The best neuropathy foot massager typically goes 360 degrees and, optionally, massages your calves as well. But you can always buy a foot and calf massager or just a foot massager, depending on your specific needs.
An electric massager offers high and low kneading speeds combined with air compression and heat features. Try to buy a foot massager with washable foot liners. A wireless remote is not mandatory, but it's easy. Enjoy a good foot massage and relax!
Last update on 2023-09-22 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API