Are you working, hiking, or just walking? As a diabetic, you always need to pay attention to your feet. The best work boots for diabetics will give you all the support you need while doing your activities.
In this Diabetic & Me article, you will learn about the following:
- What are diabetic work boots?
- Do I need diabetic work boots?
- What are the benefits of these work boots?
- What about work boots with safety steel toes?
The #1 Best Work Boot for Diabetics
How Does Diabetes Affect Your Feet at Work?
Commonly, diabetics get foot complications. You must pay special attention to your feet if you're one of them. Because when there is a long period of elevated blood sugar levels in the body, it can result in nerve damage like neuropathy and poor blood circulation.
When standing up for a long time or walking great distances while working, you must wear top-quality diabetic shoes. If you don't, it can cause serious foot problems. It can even lead to foot injuries, like neuropathy, and even worse, amputation of the foot or leg when not treated correctly.
Due to nerve damage, diabetics don't feel sensations in their feet. And thus, it increases the risk of developing sores, ulcers, or other infections. Therefore, to prevent all these complications, you must wear the proper therapeutic work boots for diabetics. Preferably with anatomical arch support and a steel toe cap to prevent foot injuries.
Do I Need Diabetic Work Boots When I Have Diabetes?
Some people think because they have diabetes, they need diabetic shoes. But that is not the case. It is based on the condition of your blood circulation, and it depends upon the current state of your feet and overall health. Do you have neuropathy? If you don't have it, that's good. But if you have any well-known complications or feel your feet hurt often, it's a sign you need to buy the right shoes as soon as possible to avoid further damage to your feet.
Below are some of the key elements diabetic work boots should have;
- A steel toe cap is very common in safety boots (if your work environment is in heavy industries).
- Durable leather uppers and a tough rubber sole for extra protection.
- Roomy toe boxes are recommended so your feet won't be cramped together.
- To protect your soles, you will need a shock-absorbent and pierce-resistant midsole.
- Diabetics have a common issue of muscle fatigue. Especially when you have a very tough schedule, you cannot run from this routine, but a comfortable shoe can relieve you.
- Breathable work boots for diabetics are also very important.
- The softer the sole from the inside, the more enjoyable your walk will be. So, always try to buy boots with a soft inner and a rugged outsole.
- Diabetic Steel toe shoes are no less than a blessing for people working in industries or at construction sites.
- Water-resistant diabetic shoes or a water-resistant shoe skin membrane are a must for outdoor adventures.
- A diabetic shoe insole embraces the feet and protects them from any possible complications.
What Are the Benefits of Wearing Diabetic Work Boots?
Diabetic work boots or diabetic safety boots keep your feet safe from all the hazards you may encounter at your workplace. It protects your feet from falling objects, chemical or electrical hazards, compressions, or while equipping heavy gear. Furthermore, they are very comfortable and durable. They have customized features that relieve your feet from any pain. They also slow the growth of infections and complications.
If you wonder what diabetic shoes are, take one minute to play the below video to learn more.
Should Diabetics Wear Steel-toe Boots?
Some industries may need steel-toed work boots for security and health motives. Most warehouses, manufacturing, and construction sites require steel-toed work boots to prevent injuries.
But steel toes can cause injuries to your feet. The steel-toe design is an essential factor when choosing your work boots. It's important to have enough space around the toe area and that it's wide enough.
What Is the Best Work Boot for Diabetics?
The best diabetic work boots and safety shoes are listed below, depending on your needs.
1. LARNMERN Steel Toe Safety Boots
Diabetes is a long-life disease. It may cause different complications. But one can make life easy by making some changes in his lifestyle. Start wearing diabetic work boots so that you don't have to take too much care of your feet. These boots will take care of that. Give these LARNMERN steel-toe shoes a try. I assure you, you wouldn't regret it. Let's have a look at their prime features. The semi-nested windproof shoe tongue design prevents sand, dust, and rain from entering the shoes. They are the perfect boots for men.
- The whole upper side of the shoe is made of leather and mesh, making it more suitable for everyday use.
- 6 additional steel hooks for laces are embedded. These hooks make this shoe stable and tough for industrial and construction sites.
- Usually, steel safety toe shoes are a little bulky, but these diabetic work boots have well-engineered anti-smashing steel.
- A perfect combo of breathable and tough skin is used. You can wear them for the whole day without any sweating.
2. Skechers Work Burgin-Tarlac
These work boots are specially designed for harsh work purposes. But they still fulfill the requirements of great work boots for diabetics.
Despite not being too bold and stylish, they have grace and elegance. They are constructed from durable materials but are kept very lightweight. They have a leather upper and a protective rubber sole. These are the most comfortable boots you'll ever get in your life. So, go ahead, and give your feet the comfort they need and deserve.
- The outsole can resist harsh jerks due to its steel toe.
- Its stable flex technology boosts flexibility in the foot while keeping the heel stable.
- Memory foam is one of the best inner soles for people with diabetes because of its comfy footbed and traction ability.
- Its high collar allows you to work in rough and wet areas, conserving ankles from rubbing and providing anatomical arch support.
- It has an outside ultra-dry waterproof layer that keeps the feet dry and comfortable.
3. Timberland PRO Men's Steel Safety Toe Boots
Diabetics who work on industrial or construction sites should go for these shoes. Timberland boots belong to the best steel-toe work boots. They are designed to provide you with the best comfort with a protective-toe design to fit different working areas. The antimicrobial protection is an additional feature of these shoes, which impedes the development of microorganisms.
- Steel-toe work boots deliver a roomy fit and ensure protection against workplace hazards, such as falling objects and electrical hazards.
- Its comfort suspension technology provides comfort 24/7 and protects your feet from extra fatigue. It also focuses on arch support.
- Removable sock liner includes long-lasting antimicrobial treatment to retain a healthy place for your feet.
- These boots also have a slip-resistant outsole that prevents you from any accidents.
- The collar of the shoes is highly padded, making it exceptionally comfortable.
- Speed hooks are present at the top of the shoes for the lace wrap.
4. Irish Setter Men’s Diabetic Work Boots
This work boot is designed for harsh work purposes. They fulfill all the requirements of the best work boot for diabetics.
Despite not being too bold, they have their grace and elegance. They are constructed from a durable material but are still lightweight and have a leather upper and rubber sole. These will be the most comfortable boots people with diabetes will ever wear. Buy them and give your feet the comfort they deserve.
- The outsole can resist heat up to 475°F (246 °C) which protects the feet from extreme temperatures so one can continue his work without worrying.
- Its stable flex technology boosts flexibility in the foot while keeping the heel stable.
- People having outdoor activities will like these boots because of their comfy footbed and outstanding traction.
- Its padded collar conserves ankles from rubbing.
- Its ultra-dry waterproof membrane keeps the feet dry and comfortable.
5. Skechers Verdict Men's Boots for Diabetics
These therapeutic diabetic boots are one of the best boots for diabetics. They provide ultimate protection and comfort. Its wide sole gives you enough room and will fit according to the shape of your feet. The boots are slip-resistant and will protect you from falling. Skechers ankle boots are your way-to-go companion in your daily struggle to protect your feet.
- The leather upper is tough, durable, comfortable, and breathable.
- Lug outsole with grooves provides the best stability and grip.
- These diabetic boots are manufactured with a padded collar and tongue to avoid discomfort and pain in the soles.
- Breathable leather will keep your feet fresh.
6. Skechers Chukka Brown Boots
This waterproof diabetic work boot is manufactured to give you a fantastic pace. Its leather construction makes them durable and comfortable. They are wide enough to give your toes an easy move. Its gel-infused insole offers you incredibly customized comfort. It also has a shock-absorbing midsole and flexible outsole.
- The rubber traction outsole is very flexible that provides resistance against slippery surfaces.
- Midsoles provide shock-absorbing and cushioning effects.
- Its memory foam insole will mold itself according to the shape of your feet and will cushion them.
- The perforations on the sides will give your feet cooling and breathing space.
- The padded collar gives your feet expanded ankle support and less pain during different activities.
7. Dr. Comfort Ranger Men’s Therapeutic Boots
These Dr. Comfort, therapeutic work boots diabetics, belong to one of the best. They are rugged, meet all your outdoor exploration needs, and give you all the comfort needed. They are very comfortable and lightweight, so they will not hinder you while hiking or working.
The Dr. Comfort boots have leather covers. Its gel inlets provide comfort and relieve pain. The best thing is that these boots are the perfect combo of fashion and health, as they are super stylish and comfortable. These Dr. Comfort diabetic work boots are an ideal fit for people with diabetes.
- Breathable leather keeps the work boot smell-free by regulating heat while keeping your feet cool.
- Leather lining makes them durable and long-lasting.
- There is no need for tying or untying laces as they are contact closures.
- Footbeds are replaceable to replace the original sole with one of your preferences.
- The protective toe box protects the toe against stubbing or any compression.
8. Rockport Storm Surge Men’s Waterproof Boots
If you want to buy the best work boots under 100 dollars, this pair is what you are looking for. The features like waterproof materials, seam seal, and shock-absorbing sole make them the best choice for a diabetic. If you don't want to compromise your health but at the same time want to look stylish, this shoe might be your best fit.
- Hydro-shield features like waterproof leather and non-wicking laces will keep your feet dry and avoid foot problems.
- A padded collar and tongue protect feet from any discomfort.
- The shock absorbents keep your feet from getting fatigued.
- This diabetic shoe will give you a sturdy stride during the walk.
- The flexibility and stability of the shoe make your move confident.
9. Rockrooster Quick Dry Work Boots For Men
If you have diabetes and you have to walk a long distance, the wrong footwear will cause irreparable damage to your feet. Find a good alternative with these rock rooster shoes at an affordable price. The steel toes will protect your feet and allows your current injuries if you have them to heal well.
- Great shoe in all seasons. During the winter, its fiber provides insulation and keeps feet warmer. While in summer, its cool max technology keeps the feet dry and cool.
- Its PORON XRD fabric provides breathability, comfort, and durability.
- Its anti-static property protects you from getting a static electric shock. It transfers static electricity through the soles into the ground.
- Steel-toe work boots protect you from injuries and protect you from slipping.
10. Propet Men’s Blizzard Waterproof Boots
The shoes with the contrast of black and brown color and a mid zipper give you a perfectly stylish look. These work boots are constructed to make your walk easy and comfortable. Its waterproofing ability keeps your feet warm and dry.
The uppers are Scotchguard leather with a toe built from rubber, delivering safety and comfort. While wearing, you don't need to worry about the extreme conditions that otherwise may affect your feet. This casual footwear is excellent for all kinds of occasions.
- Its Thinsulate covering provides warmth in extreme weather, even in the wettest and coldest conditions.
- Vaporex insoles have insulating power that retains heat and keeps feet warm in winter.
- The leather upper is durable and is treated with Scotchguard, making it stain-resistant.
- The lightweight EVA midsoles give a perfect cushioning effect for your feet.
Frequently Asked Questions
How Can I Make My Diabetic Shoes Last Longer?
- Always wear a pair of socks in your boots to avoid any moisture
- Use foot powder to prevent sweating
- Ventilate your shoes with fresh air after wearing them so you can prevent them from producing odor
- Use a waterproof spray to make your shoe waterproof
- When you have leather work boots, use shoe fat to keep your leather in good condition
Are boots OK for diabetics?
Yes, work boots designed specifically for diabetics offer a variety of features that make them ideal for those with diabetes. Work boots designed specifically for diabetics typically feature wider toe boxes and extra cushioning to protect the feet.
Are steel-toe boots good for diabetics?
Yes, steel-toe work boots designed specifically for diabetics can provide additional protection from sharp objects and help reduce the risk of lacerations and cuts. Steel-tipped work boots are also often more slip-resistant than traditional footwear. However, it is important to ensure that the steel tips on the boots fit properly and do not rub against sensitive areas of the foot.
Ultimately, it is always recommended to converse with your physician or another healthcare professional before donning any type of footwear. This is especially true if you have been diagnosed with one of the various diabetes-related conditions.
- Swollen feet.
- Enduring a long-term injury or wound that just won't seem to heal.
- Feet that are vulnerable to blistering and thickening of the skin.
Can I get free shoes if I have diabetes?
It is possible to get free shoes if you have diabetes. Many organizations offer programs, such as the American Diabetes Association's Shoes for Work program and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention's Steps to A Healthier You program, that provide free shoes or vouchers for people with diabetes. Additionally, some insurance providers may also provide coverage or reimbursements for diabetic footwear in certain cases. Ultimately, it is best to contact your insurance provider or a local healthcare professional to learn more about any potential options available.
What's the difference between orthopedic and diabetic shoes?
Work boots for diabetics are different from orthopedic shoes. Work boots for diabetics are made with wider toe boxes and extra cushioning to protect the feet. They also have steel-tipped parts that help protect against sharp objects and make them slip-resistant. Orthopedic shoes are designed to help with injuries, wounds, and swollen feet.
Why are diabetic shoes different?
The extra features like wider toe boxes, extra cushioning, and even steel-tipped parts (in work boots) help reduce the risk of injury or lacerations while providing added protection for those with diabetes who have swollen feet, long-term injuries or wounds that won't heal, and vulnerable feet that blister easily. Ultimately, these types of footwear can help ensure a better quality of life for individuals with diabetes.
While buying the right pair of diabetic shoes or work boots for diabetics, look for their comfort and durability. If it's more appropriate, buy boots you can easily wear throughout the day. This is important if you are working where you must stand up for a long time during the day.
Make sure the safety footwear are comfortable boots that improve poor blood flow, have a foam padded collar, have a wide toe box, and are steel-toed work boots.
Last update on 2023-02-09 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API