The OneTouch Verio Reflect is a popular blood glucose meter that is used by people with diabetes to track their blood sugar levels. It’s a reliable and accurate meter, but there are some instances where you might need to reset it.
Resetting your OneTouch Verio Reflect will erase all of your stored blood glucose readings. This means that you’ll lose any history of your blood sugar levels. If you’re using the meter to track your progress over time, this could be problematic.
In this article, we will walk you through the steps on how to reset your OneTouch Verio Reflect in 5 easy steps.
What Is the OneTouch Verio Reflect?
The OneTouch Verio Reflect is a blood glucose meter that uses a small blood sample to measure your blood sugar levels. It’s an FDA-approved device that is accurate and easy to use.
The meter has a large, backlit display that makes it easy to read, and it can store up to 500 blood sugar readings. The OneTouch Verio Reflect also syncs with the OneTouch Reveal app, which allows you to track your blood sugar readings and trends over time.
Here are some of the features of the OneTouch Verio Reflect:
- Small blood sample: Only requires 0.4 microliters of blood, which is less than half the amount of blood required by some other meters.
- Large, backlit display: This makes it easy to read your blood sugar readings, even in low-light conditions.
- Stores up to 500 blood sugar readings: So you can keep track of your readings over time.
- Syncs with the OneTouch Reveal app: Allows you to track your blood sugar readings and trends on your smartphone or tablet.
- ColorSure Dynamic Range Indicator: Uses a color-coded bar to indicate whether your blood sugar reading is within, above, or below your target range.
- Blood Sugar Mentor: Provides personalized guidance and insights to help you manage your diabetes.
If you’re looking for a reliable and easy-to-use blood glucose meter, the OneTouch Verio Reflect is a good option. Many healthcare professionals recommend it, as it’s accurate, has a variety of features, and syncs with a mobile app.
Why You Might Need to Reset Your OneTouch Verio Reflect?
Here are some reasons why you might need to reset your OneTouch Verio Reflect:
- If you’re experiencing errors or bugs with the meter. If the meter isn’t giving you accurate blood glucose readings, or if it is displaying error messages, resetting it may fix the problem.
- If you want to start fresh with a new set of settings. For example, if you have changed your target blood sugar range, or if you want to clear the meter's memory.
- If you’ve lost or damaged your user manual. The reset process is different for different meters, so it is helpful to have the manual handy.
- If you’ve upgraded to a new version of the OneTouch Reveal software. The software may require you to reset your meter in order to sync with the new version.
It’s important to note that resetting your OneTouch Verio Reflect will erase all of your stored data, including your blood sugar readings, time and date settings, and user profile. If you have any important data that you want to keep, be sure to back it up before you reset the meter.
How to Reset Your OneTouch Verio Reflect?
Here's how to reset your OneTouch Verio Reflect glucose meter:
- Turn on the meter. To do this, press and hold the power button until the meter turns on. The power button is located on the top right corner of the meter.Once the meter is turned on, you will see the following information on the display:
- Your current blood sugar reading, if you have recently tested
- The date and time
- Your target blood sugar range
- Press and hold the Mode button. The Mode button is located on the bottom right corner of the meter.
- Keep holding the button for 10 seconds. Do not release the Mode button until you see the "Reset?" message displayed on the screen.
- Release the Mode button.Once you release the Mode button, the meter will erase all stored data and settings.
- Press the OK button. This will confirm the reset and turn off the meter.The meter will then turn back on and you will need to set it up again and enter your personal information.
What Happens When You Reset Your OneTouch Verio Reflect?
When you reset your OneTouch Verio Reflect, it’ll erase all of the stored blood glucose readings, settings, and alarms.
This means that you will need to start fresh with the meter, including setting the time and date, entering your personal information, and creating alarms. Once the meter is turned back on, it will be reset to its factory settings.
One user relates her experience as follows:
“I was recently testing my blood sugar and accidentally entered the wrong date. I realized my mistake after I had already taken the reading, so I decided to reset the meter. I followed the steps above and the meter erased all of my stored readings. I then entered the correct date and took another reading.”
She then looks for a silver lining, and continues her story:
“I'm glad that I was able to reset my meter easily. It was important to me to have accurate blood sugar readings, so I didn't want to have to keep track of which readings were from the wrong date. Resetting the meter was a quick and easy way to fix the problem.”
What to Do After Resetting Your OneTouch Verio Reflect?
After resetting your OneTouch Verio Reflect, you’ll need to set up the meter again. This includes setting the time and date, entering your personal information, creating alarms, and pairing the meter with your phone or computer.
- Set the time and date. This is important because your blood sugar readings are time-stamped, so if the time is incorrect, your readings will also be incorrect. You can set the time and date by following the instructions in your OneTouch Verio Reflect user manual.
- Enter your personal information. This includes your name, date of birth, and medical ID number. This information will be used to identify you and your blood sugar readings. You can enter your personal information by following the instructions in your OneTouch Verio Reflect user manual.
- Create alarms. This will help you remember to test your blood sugar regularly. You can create alarms by following the instructions in your OneTouch Verio Reflect user manual.
- Pair your meter with your phone or computer. This will allow you to wirelessly transfer your blood sugar readings to a diabetes management app or software.
You can pair your meter with your phone or computer by following the instructions in your OneTouch Verio Reflect user manual.
- Start testing your blood sugar. Once you have set up your meter, you can start testing your blood sugar as usual.
What Is Erased When You Reset the OneTouch Verio Reflect?
When you reset your OneTouch Verio Reflect, it will erase all of the following data:
- All stored blood glucose readings. This includes all of the readings that you have taken with the meter, regardless of when they were taken.
- All settings. This includes the time and date, alarm settings, meter language, and any profiles that you’ve created.
- Any data that has been synced to the OneTouch Reveal app. This includes all of the readings that you’ve synced to the app, as well as any notes or comments that you’ve added.
The only data that isn’t erased is the meter's serial number and software version. This information is used to identify the meter and to ensure that it is receiving the latest software updates.
If you have any blood sugar readings that you want to keep, you can export them to a computer before resetting the meter. You can do this by following the instructions in the OneTouch Verio Reflect user manual.
How to Set Up Your OneTouch Verio Reflect After Resetting
Here are the steps on how to set up your OneTouch Verio Reflect after resetting:
- Turn on the meter by pressing and holding the OK button until the Welcome screen appears.
- Press the ↑ or ↓ buttons to highlight the language you want, then press OK to select.
- If you want to complete the first-time setup using the OneTouch Reveal app, press Yes. Otherwise, press No.
- If you pressed Yes in step 3, follow the instructions in the OneTouch Reveal app to complete the setup.
- If you pressed No in step 3, follow the instructions below to complete the setup manually:
- Enter your personal information, such as your name, date of birth, and medical ID number.
- Set the time and date.
- Create alarms to remind you to test your blood sugar regularly.
- Pair your meter with your phone or computer if you want to wirelessly transfer your blood sugar readings.
Resetting your OneTouch Verio Reflect is a relatively simple process, but it’s important to do it correctly to ensure that your blood sugar readings are accurate. In this article, we have walked you through the steps on how to reset your OneTouch Verio Reflect in 5 easy steps.
There are a few additional measures for maintaining your OneTouch Verio Reflect in good condition, avoiding a reset, and getting accurate readings. For starters, keep your meter and test strips in a cool, dry place. This will help to prevent the meter from malfunctioning.
Additionally, change the batteries in your meter every 6 months. This will ensure that your meter is always working properly. Finally, clean your meter and test strips according to the manufacturer's instructions. This will help to prevent the spread of germs and keep your meter accurate.