Top 10 best insulin coolers for diabetics (Review 2021)
Life for diabetics has a little twist. It's never easy! Following schedules, arranging medical supplies, and yes how can we keep insulin cool at all times? Thanks to medical advancements, the best insulin coolers for diabetics make it all a little bit easier.
In this article you will learn about:
- Why is an insulin cooler important?
- How do you choose the best insulin cooler?
- What are the differences between insulin coolers?
#1 best insulin cooler for diabetics
Use discount code
DIABETICME for 10% off
Why we need an insulin travel cooler?
We know that not every diabetic needs insulin. It depends on the type diabetes. Only those that have type 1 diabetes are insulin dependent. Insulin is a temperature-sensitive hormone and needs to be handled with care. If you are planning a business or family trip you must have to carry your medical supplies. Because a little carelessness can bring a lot of headache with it. An insulin travel cooler plays a great role in the transportation of your insulin. There is nothing more compact and suitable to carry all your medical supplies.
Without cooled insulin your blood sugar levels are also in risk of not being controlled properly.
How to choose an insulin travel cooler?
Important to know is that an insulin travel cooler is way different compared to other medical traveling kits. The main reason is that they carry insulin and keep it cool at the same time in a protective case. Below a few tips on how to choose your insulin cooling cases.
- The first thing you need to know before grabbing any insulin cooler is the cooling time that it offers.
- If you need cooling for more extended periods you might need to look at a more sophisticated device.
- If you’re heading on a remote trip then battery-powered insulin coolers playing a more important role.
- If your insulin needs to be stored at room temperature, make sure your cooler doesn't cool too hard.
- Make sure there is enough space if you want to store all your medication and equipment, like, insulin vials, pens, your insulin pump and glucose meter.
Learn more in the learning center about the best insulin cooler for diabetics.
What is the best insulin cooler for diabetics?
If you’re tired of looking around for the best insulin travel cooler. Below you can find the top 10 best insulin coolers for diabetics and all their features, benefits and cons.
If you are looking for the best insulin pen travel cooler, look no further, this is the best you could get your hands on. This insulin cooler uses 3 cooling methods and keeps your insulin cool and safe for up to 72 hours. It can fulfill all your traveling needs.
The uniqueness of this cooler is that, by changing the lids you can easily transform the bottle from a regular medication cooler into a mini-fridge. The USB function alone can maintain a constant temperature of around 27°F (15°C) lower than the outside temperature. If you use ice pack as well simultaneously it will give outstanding cooling effect, such as keeping 35-46°F (2-8°C) cold for 48 hours and 36-46°F (2-26°C) for 72+ hours, when tested at an outside lab temperature of 104°F (40°C). Moreover, it is patented so you will never find the same quality in other insulin coolers.
After testing and using it myself this is worth it. Looking forward to doing some longer travels with it.
- It offers 3 cooling methods to suit your needs.
- It is made up of rust free and high quality stainless steel which enhances its durability.
- The best thing is that it can store up to 7 insulin pens.
- A universal USB 2.0 adapter is used to charge the cooler. You can charge it with a power bank as well.
- An extended nylon belt is attached to the collar, giving you an extra grip.
- You can charge it up with a solar panel or with your car battery easily.
Read more about 4ALLFAMILY in the company review.
Use discount code
DIABETICME for 10% off
Use discount code DIABETICME for 10% off
FRIO insulin cooler wallets definitely belongs in the list of top 10 best insulin coolers. These cooling bags keep your insulin preserved without the need for any frozen products like ice. It is very easy to travel with (you can read more about my travel experiences with the FRIO bags in my first review about insulin coolers). You can keep your insulin vials, insulin pens, insulin pump and any other medication you want to have with you on the go with quite ease. The FRIO bags are the best among the cooling bags products.
- Ice isn't mandatory to keep your insulin cool and secure when you are using the FRIO cooler bags.
It can hold its temperature for 48 hours to 72 hours.
Depending on the size of the cooler bag it can easily be fitted in smaller spaces.
When the cooler bag isn't used it can be folded and stored easily.
You can save eight insulin pens or ten insulin vials inside the bag.
SHBC manufactured an insulin carrying case cooler, which belongs into the top 10 best insulin coolers with ease. If you are diabetic and looking for a cheaper insulin travel cooler, you should consider this product. This medical travel case is made of strong Eva material 1680D nylon and the interior contains high-quality aluminum foil lining with a pearl cotton insulation layer.
- This product is very lightweight, which makes it is easy to carry.
This durable insulin pen carrying case cooler easily contains all supplies in one place.
Probably the best insulin travel cooler in terms of providing insulation against the cold and warm weather.
The ice gel pack is an upgraded version, which can be reused, and is better than the previous version.
ChillMED holds high moral and values in the field of medication products. Their ChillMED Elite is one of their best products and is custom designed for diabetics. You can organize all of your medicine perfectly in this travel organizer. It has two sides, one side is chilled, and another one is not chilled.
- It has a Polar Tech Re-Freeze foam that provides 14 hours of cooling time.
High-quality material is being used to build this bag which makes it more durable compared to other insulin coolers.
To enhance your experience, a high-end zipper is added.
It comes in three different colors which enables you to make your own choice.
VIVI CAP is a brand famous for these type of products. VIVI CAP1 is one of their best battery powered insulin cooler for diabetics. This product is technically demonstrated to keep your insulin cool, even below 84.2 °F for a minimum of 12 hours. Even in constant environmental temperature of 100°F it regains its capacity automatically whenever the ambient temperature gets below 78.8 °F. This quality remains like that for years, without the need for maintenance.
- Even in extreme cold temperatures, it keeps the insulin prevented from freezing.
The battery life is long-lasting enough to cool insulin for approximately 12 hours.
It is small enough and light-weighted, so you can carry it easily.
You don't have to use water or freezing components to activate the cooling mechanism.
Chill pack presents a very cool travel case for diabetics to store and cool their medication. It contains a soft and a very thick layer of insulation inside the cooler bag so you can keep your insulin vials, insulin pen, insulin pump, and many other medication cooled. This insulin case is the perfect fit for traveling diabetics.
- Ice gel packs are included in this product and can keep insulin cool for 14 to 15 hours
An external net side pocket gives you some extra space for other medication or candies to cure your hypo.
4 pen holdings are also stitched to make your insulin pens more secure.
This product is compatible with 8oz of weight
This ChillMED company product, is a a carrying cooler case specially designed for diabetics. The chilled Type 1 will help you keep your diabetic supplies cooled. It also comes with a removable extra pocket.
- This product has a re-freezable gel pack of around 6oz that can keep your medication cool from 6 up to 8 hours.
- It's a leak-proof bag and it includes a very long-lasting gel pack which is made up of nontoxic materials.
- The size of the bag is very compatible while traveling and very easy to carry.
- The weight of this ChillMED insulin cooler case is very light.
- It has two different compartments; one part is the cooling side, and the other side is not cooled.
Luxja manufactured travel case for diabetics that is definitely worth mentioning in the top 10 best insulin coolers. This insulin travel case is one of the best insulin pen travel cooler available right now. It is made up of high-quality nylon with thick layers inside, which helps to keep your insulin cool for a long time.
- An aluminum foil lining has been used in the manufacturing of this insulin travel cooler.
The weight of this product is very light, which makes it easy to carry while traveling.
It also has an outer zipper to carry extra products.
The upper two pockets are to store insulin, and the lower pockets are to store the ice bags.
Another product of ChillMED company designed for diabetic patients who travel or hike a lot. It is one of the best insulin travel cases available online. This product of ChillMED is also one the best but cheap insulin travel coolers. This micro cooler offers a cool time of up to 12 hours.
- Made with high quality zippers and good quality nylon material.
The ice-brick is re-freezable, which allows you to keep your medication cool at all times.
The size of the bag is medium and can be fitted into any backpack in no time.
An internal pocket allows you to place items in a more organized way.
Chefman’s mini portable fridge is one of the best products you can get to cool your insulin in your car, your boat and when going on road trips. It's big enough to store your insulin but also your lunch, sodas, beers or other cooled items. It is excellent for personal travels, and its design makes it a perfect fit for everywhere.
- It has 3 storing compartments.
This versatile cooler comes with two modes. A relaxed mode and a warm mode.
The 4-liter capacity allows you to store water, drinks, food, and many other products very easily.
This is an ETL approved product with a long-lasting safety technology.
Everything related to your health demands your utmost care. I tried to give you a list of the best insulin travel coolers for diabetics keeping in mind every aspect that covers insulin storage. If you make through the whole article I hope you have an idea what kind of insulin cooler suits your needs.
The 4AllFamily travel cooler covers all my needs. It's worthy to buy, not because of its good features, but also, you get the best for its price.