Diabetics using Accu-Chek Glucometer:Click on any of these diabetics to learn more about their diabetes and how they manage it.
The Accu-Chek glucometer is a blood glucose meter that is widely available. It is sold by Roche Diagnostics, the same company that makes most of the test strips for glucometers. At least one model, the Accu-Chek Advantage, comes with a free backup battery to ensure you will still have power in case of emergency.
This glucose meter is a fast and reliable way to measure your blood sugar. Unlike some glucometers on the market today, the Accu-Chek Advantage is simple enough for anyone, including those who are not technologically savvy at all, to operate with ease.
It uses a very common lancet device and comes preloaded with 100 Accu-Chek Multiclix lancets. This product line has been around for over 10 years, but it's still one of the best-selling glucometers available due to its reliability and accuracy.
The Accu-Chek Advantage glucometer measures glucose in whole blood samples drawn from a capillary source, such as the fingertip or palm. It contains an advanced microprocessor that calculates results from the waveform created by the testing strip.
Accu-Chek Glucometer Features:
- LCD display w/ backlight for easy reading, even in low light conditions
- Fast 5-second test time – receive results before you have a chance to get nervous – perfect for hypoglycemia episodes
- Easy to use w/ large, color-coded buttons and a simple user interface – just insert a test strip, apply blood and press GO!
- Includes an AC adapter to ensure reliable power supply during prolonged power outages or battery failure (battery included)
- Includes 100 Accu-Chek Multiclix lancets - no need to worry about mixing up other brands as they won't fit into the