You can prepare chicken in so many different ways, but often it is not very healthy for you when you fry it with unhealthy oils. We will look at a recipe to make baked chicken with vegetables that has a lot of flavors and healthy benefits.
If you are looking for a wonderful way to eat your chicken and enjoy your vegetables, this is the way to go. This chicken vegetable feast tastes magical and you will be quite surprised with the outcome. Diabetic or not, this baked chicken dish with vegetables is sure to delight everyone and have benefits to your health.
The Benefits Of Eating Chicken
Chicken pieces are a good replacement for red meat, which is clinically proven to not be the best choice of meat. Chicken is not as rich and tasty as red meat, but it is rich in vitamins, minerals, is lean, and will definitely help you fight and prevent diabetes complications.
Baked Chicken with Vegetables
- 2 tbsp chopped green parsley
- 1 tsp chopped rosemary
- 700 g thigh or skinless chicken breast
- 230 g fresh mushrooms cut into slices
- 1 red onion cut into wedges
- 1/2 cup chopped red or green bell pepper
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 450 g fresh asparagus or green beans cut into 5-7 cm pieces
- 450 g canned white beans drained and rinsed
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- 10 pitted olives
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- fresh oregano chopped
- fresh basil chopped
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Line two baking sheets measuring 37x25x2.5 cm with foil.
- In a small bowl, combine chopped parsley, oregano, basil, and rosemary, add ¼ tsp. salt and ¼ tsp. ground black pepper.
- Place the chicken on one of the baking sheets and sprinkle with half of the prepared herb mixture.
- In a large bowl, combine mushrooms, onion, bell pepper, and garlic. Drizzle with olive oil and mix well. Place the mushrooms on the other prepared baking sheet.
- Roast the chicken and mushrooms for about 30 minutes; Stir mushrooms once during cooking. When meat is done, remove from the oven, cover, and keep warm.
- If necessary, roast the chicken for a few more minutes until cooked through.
- On a baking sheet with mushrooms, add the asparagus or green beans, tomatoes, white beans, olives, vinegar, and the remaining chopped greens; mix well. Bake for approximately 15 more minutes.
- To serve, cut the meat into small pieces and serve with the baked vegetables.
- Carbohydrates: 27 g (9 g fiber, 6 g sugar)
- Fat: 12 g (2 g saturated fat)
- Proteins: 43 g
- Sodium: 524 mg
- Cholesterol: 161 mg
We hope you enjoyed this Baked Chicken recipe with vegetables. We think this is a quick and easy way to enjoy the benefits of chicken and vegetables and we hope you will too.