Cod is a great fish to cook and can be cooked in a variety of ways, but it can be quite a dry fish, so it's usually cooked with a sauce. In this blog, we're going to look at how to prepare cod and then how to cook it with a delicious tomato-olive sauce.
Tender cod in a tomato-olive sauce is an excellent diet dish. The low carb content and delicious taste make this recipe perfect for a special dinner or holiday table. Your loved ones will appreciate it!
Health Benefits of The Recipe
Fish is often a favorite food among those living with diabetes, but it isn’t always easy to cook a healthy meal with it. This recipe for cod with tomato-olive sauce is a great meal for those living with diabetes since it’s low in saturated fats and carbohydrates. The dish is also packed with vitamin C, a nutrient that helps to reduce the risk of heart disease, stroke and promotes healthy skin.
Cod with Tomato-Olive Sauce
- 120 g cod
- 8 cherry tomatoes
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 3 garlic cloves finely chopped
- 3 tbsp olives
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/5 tbsp ground pepper
- 1/5 tbsp salt
- Arugula for serving
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Sauté the cod with salt and pepper until golden brown for about 4 to 6 minutes.
- Spread the fish on a dish; cover it with foil to keep warm.
- Add 1 tablespoon of oil, tomatoes, white wine, and garlic to the pan.
- Put it on a medium heat and let it evaporate while stirring for 4 to 5 minutes.
- Add olives and cook for 1 minute.
- Serve the cod with sauce on a pillow of arugula.
- Calories: 247
- Fat: 11 g
- Saturated fat: 2 g
- Proteins: 29 g
- Carbohydrates: 4 g
- Cholesterol: 71 mg
- Sodium: 381 mg
- Fiber: 1 g
We hope you enjoyed the cod with tomato-olive Sauce. With this knowledge, we know that you can make the most of your fish recipes. So, what are you waiting for? Make this recipe today! If you want to see more recipes like this, please read the blog.