Poached cod with potatoes mousseline and sea lettuce
This dish brings all the wonderful flavors from the sea to a plate: fresh cod, salty sea lettuce and soft butter. A match made in heaven. Not to mention the creamy potato mash!
- 600 gram cod
- 2 egg yolks
- 1,5 table spoon water
- Sea lettuce, samphire and lambs ears
- Lemon juice
- 150 gram salted butter
- 30 gram fresh sea lettuce
- 30 gram Wakame
- 1 table spoon soy sauce
- 1 table spoon “beurre noisette” (a sauce of butter cooked until golden or nut brown)
- Zest of 1 or 2 lemons
- Fresh rasped garlic
- Cut the butter into pieces and let it reach room temperature. Chop the sea lettuce and Wakame and mix with the butter. Add the other ingredients and mix well.
- Remove the skin and salt the cod with coarse salt. Leave to act for 6 to 9 minutes, depending on the thickness. Rinse well and portion the fish into 4 pieces.
- Coat the fish with algae butter and wrap with fresh sea lettuce. Place the fish in a steamer basket with the lid on and cook over low fire.
- Beat the egg yolks lightly with the water and add the melted algae butter while whisking over a low fire. Refresh with a few drops of lime juice.
- Place the potatoe mousseline sauce on the center of the plate. Place the braised lamb ears and samphire on top. Place the cod on the plate and grate some fresh lemon zest over it.