If you’ve been reading our blog for a while, then you know that diabetics love making delicious, healthy meals that are also fast and easy to make.
This Flaxseed Sauce Salmon Salad is one of my favorite recipes for the summer since it combines two delicious foods – salmon and spinach – in one delicious dish. The sauce is made with flaxseed oil, which is full of essential omega-3 fatty acids, and the salmon is baked instead of fried, so you get all of the benefits of this amazing fish without the unhealthy oils that usually come with it.
So, what are you waiting for? Put your aprons on and start making your delicious and healthy salad with us.
Health Benefits of The Recipe
Salmon is excellent seafood for diabetes patients. It offers a good supply of Omega 3, which is good for heart health and may help to reduce the risk of stroke, Alzheimer's, diabetes, and cancer.
In addition, flaxseeds are also used in the recipe that is a rich source of fiber, which helps to lower cholesterol and regulate blood sugar levels. Such a salad will not only please your gastronomic tastes but will not affect your figure or health.
Salmon Salad with Flaxseed Sauce
- 340 g cooked or baked salmon
- 500 g fresh spinach
- 230 g coarsely chopped cucumbers
- 65 g chopped red onion
- 1/4 cup dressing
- 1 tbsp flaxseed
- 3 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp water
- 1 tbsp finely chopped shallots or green onions
- 2 tsp mustard
- 1 garlic clove chopped
- Prepare the dressing: preheat the oven to 350°F. Add the flaxseeds into a shallow dish; fry for 8-10 minutes. Let's cool down.
- Place the roasted flaxseeds in a coffee grinder and grind to a powder consistency.
- In a small bowl, whisk the ground flaxseeds, vinegar, water, olive oil, shallots/onion, mustard, and garlic. The output will be approximately 1/2 cup.
- Cut the salmon in eatable (small) parts.
- In a large bowl, mix the salmon slices, spinach, cucumbers, and red onion.
- Pour the flaxseed dressing over the salad and mix all the contents.
- Serve as you please.
- Calories: 239
- Fat: 15 g
- Saturated fat: 3 g
- Sodium: 102 mg
- Carbohydrates: 6 g
- Protein: 20 g
- Cholesterol: 54 mg
We hope you enjoyed our article on making a salmon salad with flaxseed sauce. We know how easy it is to get stuck in a food rut, and this recipe is a great way to get some variety in your diet. If you want to learn more about health, wellness, and nutrition, subscribe to our blog today and receive more recipes.